- Cascara Sagrada Bark
- Cape Aloe Leaf
- Gentian Root
- Slippery Elm Bark
- Fennel Seed
- Ginger Root
All Herbs in our Formulas are Organic, Wildcrafted, or Consciously Cultivated
Generally, any herbs with stimulant laxative properties are contraindicated during pregnancy due to concerns of stimulating uterine contractions. Recent research has shown that some stimulant laxatives (Cascara Sagrada and Cape Aloe included) have shown no adverse effects on pregnancy or the fetus when used according to the recommended doses. As such, we consider the GI Renew formulas safe for use during pregnancy when used as recommended (and with common sense).
Choose the Correct GI Renew Formula Based on Your Current Bowel Movement Frequency
- GI Renew #0 is for excessive movements and diarrhea-type stools.
- GI Renew #1 is for loose stools and those who have 3 or more movements a day.
- GI Renew #2 is for one bowel movement a day, or someone who misses a day once in awhile.
- GI Renew #3 is for someone whose bowels move every other day to every 3rd day.
- GI Renew #4 is for someone whose bowels move every third day or so.
- GI Renew #5 is for someone whose bowels are not moving much at all and needs a big boost to get going.
None known. However, avoid during early pregnancy.
Shipping Weight: We take great pride in our products and packaging and do our best to ensure they arrive undamaged. Our liquid and capsule formulas are sold in amber glass bottles to protect the herbs inside from light, glass bottles add to the shipping weight of the item but also ensures you receive the best possible product. In addition to the items themselves, the shipping weight also depends upon the packaging we use to protect the items during transport, and the dimensional weight of the package (because shippers using air services pay transportation fees based on the amount of space they rent).
Expiration Date: Powders and loose teas should be refrigerated after opening for longest freshness and potency. Tinctures and capsules do not need to be refrigerated but should be stored in a cool, dark location (out of direct light). This will ensure longest freshness and potency. Date reflected on the bottom of the bottle is the standard “expiration” date. If stored properly these products will last far beyond the recommended expiration date.